Thursday, July 15, 2010

Stargazing Season


photo courtesy of mnico

listen

It's that time of year again. What time you ask? Stargazing time! Pretty much starting at the end of this month and going on through July, it's meteor shower central on earth. You can see a calendar of meteor showers throughout the year. However, the biggest one is mid August and is known as the Perseids. Last year, I went with a special someone and watched the falling stars out on some abandoned country road. Its so beautiful out there. I think it's an experience everyone should have at some point.

But to truly enjoy a stargazing experience, you have to have the right atmosphere. The Bravery, Coldplay, and Keane set up the perfect mood. I literally have a playlist with those three bands on my iTunes called "Stargazing". Well, happy stargazing!

listen

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to stargaze on a blanket in my backyard, but I just haven't yet. I guess I keep waiting for someone to do it with me.

    ReplyDelete