Monday, December 13, 2010

A Weekend of Holiday Baking


listen
This weekend, I kind of went holiday baking crazy.

It all began on Saturday, when I had the urge to make my holiday special (and family's favorite), chocolate covered pretzels. My grandmother was throwing her annual Christmas/Birthday Party later that night, so I decided to make a double batch for her and her friends. There was quite a bit more than what you see in the picture. And with all the 60/70/80 year olds a few champagne's in, those went pretty fast.

On Sunday, I was really in the mood for a lemon pound cake. So, having never made one before, I decided to give it a shot. I used this recipe, found on the Food Network website. Umm....YUM. For my first lemon pound cake, it turned out delicious. The glaze was a little on the lemon-y side, but you live and learn!

Last night, I went out to Indian with an old friend from high school and she surprised me with homemade chocolate peanut butter cups. So what did I make today? You guessed it! I also made some rocky road cups too. Used this for inspiration.

Basically, I am on a sugar high. Good way to start to the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment